Isaac Newton spent the majority of his study time trying to figure out Daniel’s timeline and when the ‘antichrist beast’ would appear on the world’s stage. Frustrated, Newton acknowledged that the end time Church alone would be given this knowledge by God as a kind of survival kit of wisdom, as chaos, environmental and economic calamity would take the world into a fearful frenzy. The Church has no need to be afraid as we are the ones who are granted the privilege of knowing what God is about to do next, unless of course we prefer to sleep with the world and believe in the Darwinian fairy tales of the global warming alarmists!
When I began to study Daniel’s timeline through the writings of contemporary American authors including Sir Isaac Newton’s, it dawned on me that they all made the same error. They had relied upon archeology and secular historical writings instead of scripture.
What do I mean? Well, here comes my ‘big idea’ so fasten your seat belt.
I discovered that end time pundits all attempted to calculate Daniel’s 70 week expiration (70 x 7 years = 490 years) by using supposed archeological dates of the Medo-Persian Kings and their declarations for the Jews to RESTORE the Temple and the city of Jerusalem. So, what is wrong with that? Plenty! When calculating Daniel’s timeline with this FORWARD-DATING-METHOD, the date of Jesus’ crucifixion becomes hard to pin down and each writer comes up with a different year for it (ie, 30 AD, 29 AD, 35 AD, etc). This forward dating method also leads to various conclusions about the date and year of Jesus’ birth (4BC, 7BC, 3 AD etc).
Why does this happen? Because secular historical CALENDAR sources are not reliable!
Have you ever heard of the GREGORIAN CALENDAR? All of us have because we use it every day. A Pope named Gregory XIII set out to fix the calendar, synch it with the Julian Calendar of the Roman Empire, and give us a benchmark (Easter, Vernal Equinox) from which to measure time. Gregory chose Easter as the benchmark date and created this calendar for international use in 1582 AD.
Why did the Catholic Church need a new Calendar system? Because science proved that the Julian calendar was not calculating LEAP day corrections accurately, not taking into account that ONE EARTH YEAR is 365.2425 days. After discovering the errors in the Julian calendar, Gregory leaped the calendar forward 10 days and October 4, 1582 became October 15, 1582. This reestablished the vernal equinox (March 21 or March 20 in some years) as the key date from which to annually reset a calendar.
Thus, Jesus was crucified on Nissan 14, AD33 or in Gregorian calculations, April 3, AD 33, Passover festival.
Since April 3, AD 33 has been verified as being the reliable date for Good Friday (Passover eve) by MIT Astronomer and ‘Dark Energy’ co-discoverer, Bradley E. Schaefer, a BIG IDEA occurred to me. Keep reading!
To resurrect the dates Gabriel forecast, all one needed to do was to use this date (Nissan 14, 33AD, Jesus’ Crucifixion) as the KNOWN variable to calculate the UNKNOWN variables in Daniel’s Timeline prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27).
This is the BACKWARD-DATING-METHOD, my BIG IDEA! No date guessing is required! The purpose of this ‘big idea’ is to find the dates of the two decrees by the Persian Kings Cyrus and Darius Longimanus. [Please be sure and read my article on the ‘Strong Delusion: What is it?‘ to understand my using 486 1/2 years fulfilled with 3 1/2 years remaining in Daniel’s 70 weeks.] But first, let’s outline the Daniel 70 week timeline.
Now, let’s consider that TWO decrees were issued, 81 years apart, by two Medo-Persian Kings after the Persian conquest of Babylon. The decree of Cyrus and the decree of Longimanus.
So let’s note a few observations:
- It takes 3 ½ years to restore or build a temple.
- It takes 49 years to restore the city streets and walls of Jerusalem, 7 weeks.
- From the time of restoration of the Jerusalem City until Jesus’ baptism is 434 years, 62 weeks.
- From the time of the command to rebuild Jerusalem by Longimanus until the Crucifixion of Jesus on Nissan 14, 33 AD was 486 ½ years.
- From the time of the command to rebuild Jerusalem by Longimanus until Jesus baptism was 483 years, 69 weeks (62 + 7 weeks).
- After Jesus returns post-rapture and post-tribulation with His saints, He will build Ezekiel’s Temple plan in 3 ½ years, completing Daniel’s 490 year prophecy postponed by His Crucifixion.
- At the end of the 490 years, Jesus will be inaugurated King of Israel by the Cohens, the Aaronide Priests of Levitical heritage, in Jerusalem at the rebuilt Temple. This event will fulfill God’s covenant with David given through the Prophet Nathan in II Samuel 7:4-17. The Levites will at that time form two ranks of Priests permitting Jesus to walk through their midst. They will shout while crossing Temple swords, “God save the King. Hossanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” per Psalm 118. All Israel shall be saved for worship at the Temple on this day. Jesus waits in their midst for coronation while the people of Israel give to the building effort and construct the worship center. This is the 3 ½ year project plan found in Ezekiel 40-48.
What was the purpose of Daniel’s 70 week prophecy? Simple. To give Israel a dating roadmap to determine when their Messiah would arrive for anointing (Baptism) and confirmation of the Davidic covenant. Further, He would then present Himself for coronation at their Temple and as their King Messiah. Instead, they transgressed and crucified their King. They did not know the TIME of their VISITATION.
Luke 19:41-44 JUB And when he was come near, he beheld the city and wept over it, 42 saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 43 For the days shall come upon thee that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee and compass thee round and constrain thee on every side 44 and shall cast thee down to the ground and thy children within thee, and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.