A few years after the Church was birthed following Peter’s Acts 2 sermon, a wolf entered in. Justin Martyr brought the LOGOS THEOLOGY of the Greek Philosophers into Paul and Timothy’s great revival Church of Ephesus, 140AD. Within 50 short years, Jesus had been demoted from being the Mighty God of Israel, manifest in flesh, to a 2nd person of a mystical triune Godhead. When the doctors of Mars Hill were finished, the ROCK Church had become a shovel of sand, fractured and divided over the sophist writings of Plotinus, Tertullian, Origen, and Athanasius. Emperor Constantine, in true Nebuchadnezzar fashion, appointed himself as head of the squabbling Bishops, thereby destroying the Temple Made without Hands. He enforced compliance to the newly created Nicene/Apostle’s Creed (so called, yet not one Apostle had input), which in reality was an oath to the new State Church.
Jesus disciples were strictly warned about taking oaths (James 5:12). Recall, Deitrich Bonhoeffer of the Confessing Church in Germany during WWII, refused to take the oath of allegiance to Adolf Hitler. He did so on the grounds that such an oath promoted the State and it’s Leader (Fuhrer) over the real head of the Church, Jesus Christ.
Like General Titus before him, Constantine found himself as the destroying prince, a Holy Roman Emperor (political king and spiritual ruler), enforcing all edicts of the Council of Nicaea with Nuremberg style laws.
Recall in Daniel 2:31-47, the small stone  striking Nebuchadnezzar’s metal man  was destined to become a large Rock , even a large MOUNTAIN . Now in the end time, petros is becoming petra. The last days ROCK is destined to destroy the Babylon toe mixture of Clay and Iron (44,000 Christian denominations exist today).
Curiously, the small stone suffered a restraining setback, as Bishops of Alexandria, Rome, Constantinople, Antioch, and other large mega churches practiced the conquering of the laity (lording it over the flocks, domination). This is where fallible Bishops became POPES/FATHERS of infallibility, men with garlands cast about their necks, no elders of accountability required (Acts 14:11-14).
Scripture calls this the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, then prevalent throughout Asia Minor (Greek) and Rome (Latin), the two main legs/feet of the apostate Church. To Latin and Greek speaking Bishops, the laity had to be locked in their pews by polemics that create the fear of heresy, cults, illiteracy, and other demonizing tactics. Thinking was not allowed and ‘God Save the Queen’ if people begin to hear from the Spirit of Christ or read the Bible* for themselves.
* Note: NT Bible Translations were reduced from 400 versions in various local languages to 2, Latin and Greek, by 500AD.
It should be noted that not one Jewish Apostle attended any of the four Asia Minor councils, called by Roman Emperors to answer the mysterious question, “Who is Jesus?” The Babylon Church became a divided 10 toed city/state mechanism, wearing the colors of purple and red (domination, 1 Peter 5:1-4), the symbolic uniforms of the Roman army. Clay (hard soil, fallen Church) was now mixed with iron (political empire), a divided Greek and Latin State Church. This Babylon system was deep in the cruel depths of apostasy, political machinations, and pogroms aimed at minority dissenters. State persecutions immediately commenced after these four Christology councils, using the legal power of the Roman empire to crush opposing believers.
Did Jesus foretell the destruction of the Church Temple as a stark double entendre’ prophecy?
Matthew 24:1-2 KJV And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. (2) And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Recall, the day of this prophecy was the same day Jesus was rejected by the High Priest and the Jerusalem politburo as Israel’s Holy Davidic Messiah! Why didn’t these corrupt Priests know the time of visitation, providentially laid out by Daniel the prophet (Daniel 9:24-27) ?
Note that the four major Babylon COUNCILS called by the Roman Emperors were held in Asia Minor, driven by the theology of the Philosophers of Alexandria*. Hundreds of Bishops arrived wearing the Robes of Plotinus and Plato. The small stones had been thrown down by the compromised Nicolaitan Bishops, controlled by the men of sin, Roman Emperors.
Alexandria, Egypt was the Middle East center of Greek Philosophy, patterned after Athens, financed by Alexander the Great. Syncretic mixture of Philosophy with Jewish Monotheism was the idolatry that created the abomination of desolation, the Roman Emperor as Christ (a man becoming god in the temple). The destroying princes of the Empire bought off the fallen Mediterranean Bishops who became ’father superiors’, unaccountable, and unteachable within their local assemblies.
Popish prophets emerged from this mess and a new group of people not found in the Bible, the LAITY, became ever more illiterate and worshipers of men.
The book of Revelation is a Prophecy of the Restoration of the Small Stone, the first Temple made without hands. It will become a Mountain Rock that will throw down the metal man’s ‘Kingdoms of this world’, smashing the clay feet of the Babylon religious councils. This ROCK is what the Church is built on, even baptized in; the name of JESUS Christ.
Do you see the repetitive pattern of Temple destruction and Remnant Restoration? The Mountain is growing!
2 Corinthians 6:16-17 KJV (16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
Revelation 18:3-4 KJV For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
There are some new ideas about Emperor Constantine and his creation of a Roman Emperor’s Christianity that have recently been published.
These points are summarized below along with some observations:
- Constantine thought of himself as the Greek God Apollo (god of light, the sun god). Apollo was the son of Zeus/Jupiter in the Greek/Roman pantheon. The Persians had developed this pagan deity around 250BC and called him Mithras.
- Constantine and the Roman Senate erected a giant statue of Apollo using his own sculpted head/face at its zenith, to be viewed as it stood towering directly behind Constantine’s arch near the Coliseum in Rome. Emperors were deified as conquerors in this imagery.
- Constantine’s arch at the Coliseum portrayed Emperor Worship, a mainstay of Roman paganism, along with the battle of Milvian Bridge where Constantine defeated Maxentius and united the western Roman Empire in 312AD (he would unite west with east later). According to Constantine’s Christian historian, Eusebius of Caesarea, Constantine saw a vision of the CROSS symbol and heard a voice, “Conquer in this sign”. Eusebius states that Constantine commanded that his soldiers paint crosses (chi-rho’s) on their Roman battle shields, thus giving God credit for his victory at Milvian bridge. Yet the arch of Constantine, a chiseled monument constructed and dedicated 3 years after the battle (315 AD), does not show any Christian symbols on any of the soldiers’ shields (the Milvian/Tiber battle is prominently portrayed on the arch).
Did Eusebius create this myth after hearing it from Constantine’s mouth at the first council? Constantine continued to issue coinage carrying the symbols of Sun Worship (sol invictus, unconquerable sun, Mithras, Apollo), with the Chi-Rho symbol showing up only later on coinage, years after his death. Clearly, Constantine was not the Christian Eusebius painted in his history, much like modern Christians who co-opt political leaders of our day (Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Barak Obama, Donald Trump).
- Constantine was water baptized on his death bed after falling ill near Passover, 337AD. He was baptized by the local Bishop of Nicomedia (near Nicaea, Eusebius of Nicomedia, not to be confused with Eusebius of Caesarea) and died a few days later at the end of the Pentecost festival. Did Constantine syncretically mix Mithraism (sun god, emperor worship) with Christianity, thus delivering a religion for everyone in his army and empire? Symcha raises the idea that Constantine was not a follower of Jesus, but had replaced Jesus as the Messiah of the Gentile/Empire Christians. If Symcha is correct, this is by definition the ‘abomination of desolation’ as spoken by Daniel the prophet.
- Using modern archeological analysis, some archeologists suggest that Constantine not only united the Western Empire of Rome with the Greek Empire of the East (Latin-Greek), but also united traditional Roman religion (worship of Sol Invictus, Apollo, Mithras) with Christianity. Thus Easter became Passover and the Julian Solar Calendar replaces the Hebrew Lunar Calendar. Note that Sol Invictus’ birthday was celebrated on December 25 and Roman Emperors were portrayed on coinage with a golden crown 0f light (points of the sun’s rays) or a glowing wreath, straight from the Mithras cult. At Nicaea, Constantine did not want Easter to be celebrated on the Jewish Passover for he believed and stated that it was a Christian “duty to have nothing in common with the murderers of our Lord.” Thus, Constantine used syncretism to unite the religions of his empire, mixing the wine 0f fornication for others to drink.
- Constantine constructed a Mausoleum/Church of the Holy Apostles (in Constantinople, no longer extant) and gathered all the relics of the 12 Apostles and placed them in coffins. He centered his own coffin in the middle of the 12 coffins of the Apostles’ relics, replicating the image of the Sun in the center of the 12 Zodiac Constellations, a Roman Emperor icon. It appears that Constantine thought of himself as the mixture of Christ and Apollos, sitting in the Temple of God, as God, even at his death. Some detract from this idea, suggesting that Constantine was really the 13th Apostle. Yet his coffin was in the middle of the 12, not beside them. Charlemagne in 800AD, resurrected these images of Constantine to suggest that he was in fact, Constantinian and his syncretic successor.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 KJV (3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there comes a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
- Constantine and the Roman Senate erected his arch in close proximity and association with Titus’ arch (which depicted the destruction of the Jewish Temple) near the Roman Coliseum. He associated himself with the Flavius emperors (Vespasian and Titus), adopting the epithet ‘Flavius Constantine’. This city of Rome imagery suggests double entendre’, in complete lockstep with Jesus’ crucifixion week prophecy: the destruction of the Jewish Temple and the Destruction of the Christian Temple (made without hands).
Is this coincidence the ‘Abomination that makes desolate’?
Note below, the Main road of Rome that led to the Coliseum was the ‘Via Sacra’, the traditional route of the Roman Army Triumph parades. Upon this sacred road stands first the Arch of Titus, then the Arch of Constantine. Currently the Via Sacra passes under the Arch of Titus and ends in front of the Arch of Constantine. These are 2 of 3 Triumphal Arches that remain visible in Rome today.
1 [HB: eben/GK: petros]
2 [Daniel 2, his dream]
3 [HB: Tur/GK:petra]
4 [HB: Tsur]